Monday 18 April 2011

Get By With A Little Help From My Friends...

Any research I've attempted myself to find the answer to this question has unfortunately been fruitless!

So - why the heck is there a pop out blade in this charm?

 

I picked this up at Walton Street Market a couple of weeks ago as I'd never seen a hot air balloon charm before and coloured/enamelled ones seem much harder to come across. When we got home it was my boyfriend who realised that by pressing the central dot between the stripes you released a little blade, leaving a circular hole behind.

Our first (and to be fair only) guess is a cutter for hand rolled cigarettes? Any help would be much appreciated mainly coz its driving me mad!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Marthaamay O_o said...

Is it a hot air balloon? Why is the bow upside down? I thought it was a flying bug at first. Could the blade be a single wing?

N @ TTA said...

I have to admit I'm not seeing a bug Maarfs. But really I just want to know what the purpose of the blade is. It says PATENT on the back so it must have some sort of use!